The Adaptogen Toner Serum 50 ml
The ruhi toner serum with 1% goji berry stem cell extract is a hybrid product of a pH value balancing toner and an innovative slow-aging serum.
The powerful toner serum is intensively moisturizing, has a skin-tightening and calming effect. The included award-winning** goji berry stem cell extract, PhytoCellTec™ Goji, improves skin firmness and reduces fine lines and wrinkles with clinically proven effectiveness.
- combines the powerful effect of a serum with the freshness, moisturizing and balancing effect of a toner
- Goji Berry Stem Cell Extract has been shown to stimulate collagen and elastin formation, firming facial contours and reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Reishi strengthens the skin barrier, while willow bark extract acts like a kind of natural salicylic acid and stimulates cell renewal, silver ear fungus, a plant-based hyaluron alternative, optimizes the skin's moisture balance
- Powerful adaptogens as well as organic rose hydrolate and organic aloe vera have an intensive moisturizing, firming and calming effect
- the serum has a pleasant and light rosy scent
Key active ingredients: goji stem cell extract, reishi, willow bark, silver ear fungus, arginine amino acid, rose hydrosol and aloe vera.
- suitable for all skin types, perfect for dry, mature and sensitive skin
- Holistic, multifunctional formula that covers all important skin needs (hydrate, soothe, strengthen)
- Formulated with scientifically proven ingredients at sensible concentrations, without fillers and water, contains only high-quality, effective ingredients
- 100% natural, 84% organic
- Innovative, natural cosmetic slow-aging formulation (awarded the BSB Innovation Award in the category "Cosmetic actives and naturals - anti-aging)
- Free from essential oils, alcohol, palm oil, synthetic colors, fragrances and preservatives, microplastics, mineral oils, silicones and parabens
- vegan, cruelty free, made in Germany
Packaging / sustainability
- Almost plastic-free packaging with 100% recyclable glass bottle, pump dispenser made of aluminum (there is only a small plastic element inside the dispenser).
- Packaging box made of 100% biodegradable, FSC-certified natural cardboard printed with environmentally friendly colors.
- The serums are produced in a sustainable, natural cosmetics factory in Germany.
- Goji berry stem cell extract 1% // PhytoCellTec™ Goji 1%. Sustainably sourced stem cell extract from the Asian goji berry, PhytoCellTec™ Goji, has been shown to stimulate collagen and elastin formation, firm facial contours and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Clinical studies confirm that a twice-daily treatment with 2% of this goji berry stem cell extract reduces the depth of wrinkles by 0,4% after 56 days and increases skin firmness by 11% after just 28 days, resulting in a clear tightening effect arises. The ruhi Adaptogen Toner Serum even contains 6% goji berry stem cell extract.
- Silver ear mushroom (Tremella Fuciformis (Snow Mushroom) Extract) acts like a herbal form of hyaluronic acid and is therefore also called botanical hyaluronic acid. The extract of the silver ear fungus is very similar in its chemical structure to hyaluronic acid and also has powerful moisturizing and binding properties.
- Willow Bark (Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract) has anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. It stimulates the metabolism, has a gentle exfoliating effect, supports a smooth complexion and refines the pore texture. Natural salicylic acid promotes skin renewal and has an antibacterial effect.
- Reishi / Lackporling (Ganoderma Lucidum), also called "mushroom of eternal life", contains many minerals, vitamins, amino acids and trace elements that make it particularly valuable in medicine. But Reishi is also highly valued in cosmetics, thanks in part to its anti-inflammatory and skin-rejuvenating properties and its ability to fight free radicals.
- Arginine is a natural amino acid that stabilizes the skin's pH and supports the skin's barrier function. Arginine stimulates blood circulation in the skin, can regenerate skin damage and is involved in the formation of muscle cells and collagen and promotes the development of connective tissue. Through food, we can get arginine from things like peanuts, lentils, salmon, eggs, chicken breast, and pumpkin seeds. Arginine is also very kind to the skin.
- Rose distillate (Rosa Damascena (Rosa) Flower Water), also called rose blossom water or hydrolate, is obtained from rose blossoms and has calming, astringent and cleansing properties. It stimulates the blood circulation in the fine capillaries, helps to minimize the appearance of scars, micro-wounds, sunburns and wrinkles. Natural and delicate scent of roses.
- Aloe Vera Extract / Juice (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract / Juice) provides natural moisture, prevents the skin from drying out and strengthens the natural skin barrier. Aloe Vera contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes and essential amino acids. Provides oxygen to the skin and is believed to be effective in supporting cell renewal. Binds moisture, has a cooling, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect.
- Apply 4-5 pumps to cleansed skin as needed.
- The Adaptogen Toner Serum can be used in the morning and evening, during the day it offers a pleasant refreshment in between.
- The toner serum balances the pH value of the skin and prepares it perfectly for the following skincare products.
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Rosa Damascena Flower Water*, Aqua, Pentylene Glycol (from Sugarcane & Corn), Glycerin, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Cell Culture Extract, Arginine, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract*, Tremella Fuciformis (Snow Mushroom) Extract, Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi Mushroom) Extract*, Lecithin, Isomalt, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid
* from controlled organic cultivation / certified organic
In which step of my beauty routine do I use the toner serum?
It is best to use the toner serum before a facial oil or an oil serum. The oil can thus optimally lock in the moisture of the toner serum in the skin and the skin is intensively moisturized throughout the day and night. The toner serum can be used in the morning and evening, during the day it offers a pleasant refreshment in between. It balances the pH value of the skin and perfectly prepares it for the following skincare products.
You can also create a natural emulsion with the toner serum and an oil serum or facial oil. Simply place a few drops of the toner serum and an oil serum or face oil in the palm of your hand and mix together. This creates a velvety, light and completely natural emulsion that can be easily absorbed by the skin.
But the toner serum also works on its own, for example as a super light one. refreshing serum in the summer time.
Is the toner serum also suitable for sensitive skin?
Yes, the toner serum is perfect for sensitive skin. It is free from drying alcohols, synthetic preservatives and fragrances, essential oils or other potentially skin-irritating ingredients.
TIP: We always recommend testing a new skincare product on a small patch of skin before incorporating it into your skincare routine.
Why do you use a clear bottle for the toner serum?
The active ingredients used are stable to light and oxidation, so we can use a transparent glass bottle.
How is the price of the Adaptogen Toner Serum determined?
We use state-of-the-art active ingredients in reasonable concentrations
We use innovative biotechnological ingredients with clinically proven effectiveness in sensible concentrations, such as our goji berry stem cell extract, of which we use 1%. These novel active ingredients are very expensive and are often only used in very small amounts, if at all. We always use the comparatively high concentration of active ingredients recommended by current studies - even if this makes our products more expensive.
We only use effective, natural ingredients of the highest quality: Our high-quality natural ingredients are - if possible - organic or come from wild collection.
Instead of water, we use high-quality, cold-pressed organic oils, or, as in our toner serum, organic direct juice from aloe vera and organic rose water. (There is only the smallest amount of water in our serum, since most plant extracts are dissolved in water).
We develop ourselves
Our Adaptogen Toner Serum is an innovative in-house development that we have worked on for many months in close cooperation with our experienced natural cosmetics laboratory. Such an in-house development is tedious and associated with high costs, which is why many brands resort to cheaper and faster to produce ready-made standard recipes. But this is out of the question for us, because our innovative formulation ideas can only be realized as part of an in-house development.