Jaggr Lip Balm SPF 15 30 ml
Jaggr Lip Balm is for pouty, proud and perky lips. With SPF 15 protection, kawakawa extract and manuka oil, Jaggr moisturizes, nourishes and protects against UV rays.
Jaggr" is a nod to the man with arguably the most famous lips of all. But it also pays homage to the man who, at a meeting many years ago, pulled out a woman's lip balm and applied it with carefree nonchalance, like a famous Jagger pout for a dance on stage.
- Protection is the key to beautiful lips. Our lower lip is particularly stressed. The sun and UV rays act on them all day long and damage skin cells. So protection is key, and we use zinc-based SPF 15 in Jaggr to ensure that protection.
- Hydration - Dry, chapped lips...enough said. Feeling good and soft, moisturized lips give you the edge. Our Triumph & Disaster Formulation focuses on hydrating and retaining moisture in your lips.
- Natural ingredients that nourish and soften lips. Kawakawa Extract and Manuka Oil are New Zealand ingredients proven to protect, soothe and nourish skin and lips.
Jaggr is housed in a pristine glossy matte black aluminum can. Atop the lid sits a golden Huia, the rarest of all New Zealand's rare birds. Some would even say it is extinct since the last official sighting was in 1907, but there were unofficial sightings in the 1950s, 1960s and even as late as the 80s depending on who you believe - we say that one should never give up hope!
- Apply evenly to the lips as needed.
- Zinc Oxide is a white pigment that occurs naturally. Zinc oxide is widely used in skin care, it works against pathogens and inflammation and promotes wound healing. Zinc oxide is also a mineral UV filter that protects the skin from harmful UVB and UVA rays. Mineral filters are small particles that reflect sunlight. The UV blocker is photostable so that it does not disintegrate under UV radiation and its protective effect lasts for a longer period of time.
- Kawakawa Extract - In Te Reo Māori (the language of New Zealand's indigenous people), the name refers to the bitter taste of the leaves, kawa meaning bitter. Also known as the New Zealand pepper tree, kawakawa was one of the most important plants in Rongoā (traditional Māori medicine), used externally for its natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties for cuts, wounds and bruises, as well as to treat toothache, hives and eczema. In addition, there are exceptionally good caring and soothing properties.
- Manuka Oil - Arguably New Zealand's most commonly used native plant. Everything from tonics and teas to lip balms and honey are infused with manuka oil and sold on our shelves. In Jaggr we use it for its protective and moisturizing effects, which keep the lips firm and hydrated.
- Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil) - The high content of fatty acids makes the skin soft, supple and resilient. The oil has an antibacterial effect, is quickly absorbed and contains vitamins B, E, minerals and beta-carotene (provitamin A). Strengthens cell development and cell renewal, counteracts skin aging and strengthens the skin's natural protective barrier. Also very suitable for hair and scalp care. Incidentally, jojoba oil is actually not an oil, but a vegetable wax.
- Beeswax (Cera Falva, Cera Alba) – The wax forms a protective film on the skin and thereby binds moisture, but without closing the pores. Beeswax also has a slightly antiseptic effect and can relieve inflammation. It soothes irritated skin and can even help with eczema. The vitamin A contained in the wax promotes cell renewal and thus counteracts premature skin aging.
- Shea butter (Butyrospermum parkii (shea) nut butter) is obtained from the fruits of the karité tree. Shea butter has a long tradition as a care and healing agent. Rich in unsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E and beta carotene, butter protects against environmental pollution, binds moisture, fights free radicals, promotes cell regeneration and makes skin and hair soft and supple.
Jojoba Oil, ZinClear XP65coco, Beeswax White, Apricot Kernel Oil, Castor Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride MCT Oil, Coconut Oil Organic, Cetiol C5, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Candelilla Wax, Dermosoft GMCY, Kawakawa Oil, Vanilla Oil, Vanilla Bean 2780/1200, Dermofeel Toco 70 Vit E non GMO, Manuka Oil.