The Bakuchiol Oil Serum
Oily serum with 100% vegetable retinol alternative Bakuchiol
The Bakuchiol Oil Serum from spiritual is a purely natural, minimally formulated oil serum that leaves your skin supple and slows down premature skin aging. The elasticity and firmness of the skin are effectively improved.
- intensively supplies the skin with moisture, valuable fatty acids and antioxidants
- has been proven to stimulate collagen production, soothes fine lines and wrinkles
- improves the elasticity and texture of the skin
- has an anti-inflammatory effect and prevents skin blemishes
- strengthens the skin barrier and protects against premature aging
- The result: silky-soft, even and healthy skin with a unique glow.
It contains the The botanical active ingredient Bakuchiol, which according to current studies * is the same works effectively like retinol - without any skin irritation. The active ingredient is obtained from the Indian Babchi plant and has long been used as a medicinal plant in Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Key active ingredients: 1% bakuchiol, organic pomegranate seed oil, organic squalane, tocopherol (vitamin E) and organic turmeric
- Suitable for all skin types, perfect for dry, mature, sensitive skin that is prone to blemishes
- 100% natural and 98% organic ingredients
- formulated with scientifically proven ingredients
- without fillers, contains only high quality, effective ingredients
- Free from essential oils, alcohol, palm oil, synthetic colors, fragrances and preservatives, microplastics, mineral oils, silicones and parabens
- vegan and cruelty free
Packaging / sustainability
- NEW: almost plastic-free packaging with 100% recyclable glass bottle, silicone dropper with aluminum ring (there is only a small plastic element inside the dropper).
- Packaging cardboard made from 100% biodegradable, FSC-certified natural cardboard printed with environmentally friendly inks.
- The basis of the serum consists of squalane, which is obtained from sustainably grown sugar cane.
- The serums are produced in a sustainable, natural cosmetics factory in Germany.
* British Journal of Dermatology: Assessment of Topical Bakuchiol and Retinol for Facial Photoageing, 2018.
Heike Käser, Natural Cosmetic Raw Materials: Effect, Processing, Cosmetic Use, 2019.
Guideline of the GD Gesellschaft für Dermopharmazie e. V .: Dermocosmetics against
- The Bakuchiol Oil Serum can be used in the morning and / or in the evening.
- Thoroughly cleanse your skin.
- Moisten your skin with water or with a mild toner. The oil serum should always be applied to damp skin, as this is the best way for it to be absorbed.
- Apply 4–5 drops of the oil serum to damp skin.
- Gently massage in the oil serum. After only a few minutes it is completely drawn in. Enjoy your silky-soft and radiant skin!
- Unlike retinol, Bakuchiol Oil Serum does not make the skin sensitive to light. However, we recommend using sun protection as usual during the day.
- The Ruhi Bakuchiol Oil Serum is perfect as a base facial oil for the Gua Sha or Jade roller massage. It is also ideal for gentle post-treatment after face brushing.
- You can also use the serum as an active ingredient booster. Simply add a few drops of the oil serum to your favorite care product.
- The oil serum is free of essential oils or other fragrances and only smells of itself: When applied, it smells pleasantly sweet-nutty of cold-pressed pomegranate seed oil. (The squalane, the extracts used and the vitamin E are odorless). The scent disappears quickly after application
- The Bakuchiol Oil Serum contains powerful, active plant ingredients in high concentrations. We therefore recommend that you perform a patch test before incorporating the oil serum into your skin care routine. In this way you can easily rule out an allergic reaction to one of the active ingredients.
- To do this, apply a coin-sized amount of Bakuchiol Oil Serum to your cheek and wait at least 24 hours. If redness or skin irritation occurs, you should not use the oil serum.
- During pregnancy or breastfeeding, please discuss with your doctor individually whether skin care products containing Bakuchiol can be used.
Squalane **, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil *, Bakuchiol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Hybrid Oil *, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa Root Extract *
* from controlled organic cultivation / certified organic
** made from 100% certified organic sugarcane
- 1% Bakuchiol (100% herbal retinol alternative) has been shown to stimulate collagen production, minimize wrinkles and lines and improve the texture and firmness of the skin. The active ingredient is obtained from the Indian Babchi plant and has a long tradition as a medicinal plant in Ayurveda and in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
- Organic squalane from sustainably grown sugar cane forms the ideal basis of the serum: It provides the skin with intensive moisture and valuable fatty acids and makes it ultra-supple. Our squalane is a certified organic raw material. Squalane oil is light, non-greasy and is quickly absorbed.
- Organic pomegranate seed oil is a precious, cold-pressed oil that stimulates cell renewal, has a balancing effect and has a particularly strong antioxidant effect. It is particularly rich in punicic acid, a rare unsaturated fatty acid that has exceptionally high antioxidant properties. The red fruit has played an important role in Persian beauty rituals for centuries.
- Organic turmeric extract prevents inflammation and soothes the skin. Turmeric is one of the most important medicinal plants in Ayurveda.
- Natural vitamin E strengthens the skin barrier and protects against free radicals. At the same time, our high-dose vitamin E acts as a natural preservative and keeps our oil fresh for a long time.
Bakuchiol serum as a plant-based retinol alternative
Bakuchiol Serum is a 100% herbal alternative to retinol and is ideal for sensitive skin. Bakuchiol is a vegan skincare ingredient that reduces signs of aging and evens out skin discoloration. Bakuchiol comes from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and is a powerful antioxidant extracted from the leaves and seeds of the Psoralea corylifolia plant. Bakuchiol serum is considered a herbal alternative to retinol because it has similar effects. However, it doesn't work exactly like the vitamin A ingredient. If necessary, both active ingredients can be used together. In addition, bakuchiol has a stabilizing effect on vitamin A. It also helps the skin to tolerate more concentrated retinol.
Bakuchiol serum for sensitive skin
Bakuchiol serum is particularly beneficial for people with sensitive skin, as the active ingredient has a calming effect and reduces skin irritation. Therefore, bakuchiol is usually also used in Acne care products used because it soothes sensitive and irritated skin. Nonetheless, the Bakuchiol serum works well for all skin types, but especially for people looking for an alternative to retinol. Because bakuchiol serum does not cause reddening of the skin.
Bakuchiol Serum helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face and increase skin firmness. It is a powerful antioxidant that fights many signs of aging. In addition, it protects the skin from pollution and environmental skin damage. There are also scientific studies that have shown that bakuchiol, like retinol, stimulates collagen formation.
Bakuchiol serum as anti-aging face care
The active ingredient has many advantages in the field of anti-aging and is used to tighten the skin on the face to smooth wrinkles and small lines. In addition to a regenerative, firming effect, the Bakuchiol serum also refines the general complexion and evens out the skin tone. When using the serum, it should be noted that you always apply the product to the previously cleaned face. If you use several products, you should first go from the liquidest to the richest. The light bakuchiol serum can therefore be applied before using a moisturizer.