Ashwaganda: Ayurvedic Ginseng >1.5% Withanoloides 113 g
Ashwagandha is one of India's greatest botanical and adaptogenic treasures.
Also popularly known as Indian ginseng, the sleeping berry is known for its ability to calm, soothe and strengthen the body. Ashwaganda can help support a variety of processes in the body. It can strengthen the immune system as well as support the cognitive, hormonal and neurological systems of the body.
Ashwagandha has been shown to help reduce stress, anxiety and depression, increase the brain's cognitive abilities, support thyroid function, promote adrenal health and balance blood sugar levels.
Benefits of Ashwaganda:
- can significantly reduce cortisol levels, stress, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- may help overcome adrenal fatigue
- can improve the cognitive abilities of the brain
- may increase thyroid function (especially in hypothyroidism)
- helps stabilize mood, relieve insomnia and revitalize the body
- may help balance blood sugar levels and control weight and cravings in sufferers of chronic stress
In Ayurveda Ashwagandha is known as "rasayana", a powerful rejuvenating herb, and specifically belongs to a sub-group of rasayanas or super-elixirs known as medhya rasayanas, which relate specifically to the mind and mental/intellectual faculties. Herbs that fall into this category are believed to be deeply healing for the mind and emotional fabric.
The fascinating thing about ashwagandha and other adaptogenic plants is that they have this deep intelligence that provides the body with what it needs. For example, if you are anxious, Ashwagandha will calm you down; if you are constantly tired, Ashwagandha will increase your energy and stamina. To this day, scientists do not understand how adaptogenic plants can do this medicinally for each individual.
- 100% made from plants
- from organic cultivation and fair trade
- Manufactured to the highest manufacturing standards in an FDA (Food & Drug Administration) registered and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) certified family business
- vegan, gluten-free
- Add 1/2-1 teaspoon to your favorite tea, coffee or other beverage of your choice. We love it in combination with our heirloom cocoa.
- We recommend everyone to intuitively listen to their body and follow the dosage that suits you best.
- Store the container in a cool and dry place. Avoid direct contact with very bright light or sunlight as this may damage the product.
- Note: Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult a doctor before taking any dietary supplement.
10:1 Ashwagandha Root extract powder*
Sourced from India
4oz / 113g fine powder per jar.
102 servings (using 1/2tsp per serving) per container.
Made in the USA with certified organic herbs and wild-harvested botanicals in a vegan and gluten-free factory. Our products do not contain any fillers, binders or superplasticizers. Laboratory tested for purity and potency. Packed in recyclable glass or biodegradable bags.
- We source our organic Ashwagandha extract powder directly from a women's collective in India. Our powder contains 1,5% Withanolides, making it a very potent and instantly effective powder. Instead of using capsules, you can simply add Ashwagandha to your tea, coffee, and mealstreuen to incorporate its phenomenal benefits into your lifestyle.
The term adaptogen was coined by the Russian doctor and scientist Nikolai V. Lazarv. This term summarizes a wide variety of plants from all over the world. Such adaptogens have been used in traditional Chinese medicine and Indian Ayurveda for thousands of years. Adaptogens are plant compounds, often herbs, roots, or fungi, that help the body deal with stressors. These include Schisandra, Eleuthero, Panax Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Maca, and medicinal mushrooms such as Cordyceps, Lion's Mane or Reishi. As the name suggests, adaptogens work by helping the body to "adapt," meaning to adapt. Adaptogens increase our adaptability, they have a regulating effect on the stress axis (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis) and support the anabolic metabolism. Adaptogens have a regulating effect on the body, they compensate for deficits as well as reduce hyperfunctions. This idea of balance has a long tradition in TCM and Ayurveda. Adaptogens are supposed to ensure harmony in body, mind and soul.