Mangosteen Hibiscus: Beauty Tonic 113 g
Both mangosteen and hibiscus have been used as superfoods by indigenous peoples in the rainforest since ancient times.
Anima Mundi's raw and certified organic mangosteen powder, which also contains the peel (pericarp), is a natural and extremely rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C. These have anti-inflammatory properties and are known to have positive effects on the body's health and affect spirit.
The fruit and peel of the superfruits Mangosteen and Hibiscus contain high levels of minerals and phytonutrients that have been shown to fight kidney problems, viral diseases and even cancer. The peel, in particular, contains some of the highest sources of vitamin C in the world, which provides strong immunity while nourishing the blood and intestines.
- strengthens the immune system
- can reduce fatigue
- supports cardiovascular health
- supports skin health
- supports a healthy circulation and blood flow
- supports the body's ability to fight infection
- nourishes the brain and nervous system
- supports a healthy inflammatory response
For hundreds of years, people in Southeast Asia and South America have traditionally used the mangosteen fruit, particularly the rind (called the pericarp), to boost the body's ability to fight off infection and weak immunity due to its high vitamin C content.
Compared to the fruit itself, the pericarp contains 10 times more phenolic compounds and 20 times more antioxidant activity. For this reason, the Anima Mundi blend contains the whole fruit to provide a holistic spectrum of its impressive compounds.
- 100% made from plants
- from organic cultivation and fair trade
- Manufactured to the highest manufacturing standards in an FDA (Food & Drug Administration) registered and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) certified family business
- vegan, gluten-free
- 113g = 40 servings (1 serving = 1 teaspoon)
- Add 1/2 - 1 teaspoon to your tea, smoothie, juice or water. Can be taken daily.
- We recommend everyone to intuitively listen to their body and follow the dosage that suits you best.
- Store the container in a cool and dry place. Avoid direct contact with very bright light or sunlight as this may damage the product.
- Note: Dietary supplements are not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are taking medication or under medical supervision, please consult a doctor before taking any dietary supplement.
Mangosteen peel powder (Garcinia mangostana)*, Mangosteen Fruit powder (Garcinia mangostana)*, Hibiscus flower powder (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis)*
Source: Handcrafted Mangosteen Peel from Brazil (or Thailand depending on Season), and Hibiscus Flowers from Costa Rica (or other parts of Central America depending on Season).
Made in the USA with certified organic herbs and wild-harvested botanicals in a vegan and gluten-free factory. Our products do not contain any fillers, binders or superplasticizers. Laboratory tested for purity and potency. Packed in recyclable glass or biodegradable bags.
- The mangosteen fruit has been used as a staple food by indigenous peoples in the rainforest since ancient times because it is very nutritious. It is a natural source of antioxidants and vitamin C, which helps maintain healthy skin, promotes a healthy immune system and supports blood sugar levels.
- Popular around the world, the hibiscus flower is known to lower blood pressure and cholesterol and prevent clogged arteries. As an anti-diabetic and anti-aging diuretic, it is primarily used for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, clogged arteries and some common age-related chronic diseases.
- xanthones - Scientific research shows that mangosteen contains a class of naturally occurring polyphenolic compounds known as xanthones. These xanthones are found in the peel of the mangosteen fruit. The shell provides a polyhydroxy-xanthone derivative known as mangostine or beta-mangostine. Fully ripe fruits contain the xanthones gartanin, beta-disoxygartanin and normangostin. According to research published in peer-reviewed journals such as the Free Radical Research and the Journal of Pharmacology, these xanthones may have remarkable beneficial effects on cardiovascular health. They also have properties that help support the body's ability to protect against cell damage from free radicals and promote healthy aging. Xanthones also exhibit the most powerful antioxidant properties found in nature and may support a healthy immune system and inflammatory response.
The term adaptogen was coined by the Russian doctor and scientist Nikolai V. Lazarv. This term summarizes a wide variety of plants from all over the world. Such adaptogens have been used in traditional Chinese medicine and Indian Ayurveda for thousands of years. Adaptogens are plant compounds, often herbs, roots, or fungi, that help the body deal with stressors. These include Schisandra, Eleuthero, Panax Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Maca, and medicinal mushrooms such as Cordyceps, Lion's Mane or Reishi. As the name suggests, adaptogens work by helping the body to "adapt," meaning to adapt. Adaptogens increase our adaptability, they have a regulating effect on the stress axis (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis) and support the anabolic metabolism. Adaptogens have a regulating effect on the body, they compensate for deficits as well as reduce hyperfunctions. This idea of balance has a long tradition in TCM and Ayurveda. Adaptogens are supposed to ensure harmony in body, mind and soul.