Organic nail polishes - the healthier alternative
Breathable natural organic nail polishes dispense with most of the harmful ingredients. Modern, natural lacquers do not contain phthalates, formaldehyde, camphor, toluene, silicones or xylenes. Organic nail polishes with great colors are easy and precise to apply and have made great strides in terms of durability. Not quite as durable as conventional nail polishes, but 100% better for our health and the environment. Healthy and beautiful nails with natural nail polish and gorgeous colors.
Nail polish without harmful substances
A subtle, soft pink or expressive bright colors: painted nails are a must for many women. Conventional nail polishes contain environmentally harmful ingredients such as solvents, synthetic resins, plasticizers, formaldehyde, alcohol and other harmful chemicals. The problem with these substances is that they enter our body through nails and cuticles. These substances are not only dangerous to health, but also pollute the environment. Reason enough to switch to organic nail polish and luckily there are now a number of alternatives. Nail polish brands without harmful substances give you beautiful nails without toxic chemicals - with a clear conscience.
Free nail polish: 5-Free, 7-Free, 12-Free
Nail polish without harmful substances is not only sustainable, but also protects your health from potentially harmful consequences. Almost all conventional nail polishes contain toxic pollutants that can be very dangerous. Residues of polish often get through the nail bed into the epidermis, then into the body and into the bloodstream. According to studies, this process only takes two hours after application.
In the worst case, this can have serious health consequences. Some consequences can be long-lasting or even permanent: allergies, eczema, hormonal imbalances, infertility or cancer. Nail polish ingredients and fumes can cause DNA changes and lead to infertility, according to a US study. A nail polish without harmful substances is free from carcinogenic nitrosamines and other harmful substances. The so-called “free varnishes” are – depending on the type – more or less free of dangerous ingredients.
Differences in nail polish without harmful substances
It is now assumed that ingredients such as formaldehyde or toluene are extremely harmful to health. Nail polishes without harmful substances can be divided into the following categories.
- 3-free lacquers: These nail lacquers are made without formaldehyde, phthalates and toluene.
- 5-free lacquers: With these lacquers, camphor, formaldehyde resin and/or colophony are not used.
- 7-free paints: These products were produced without animal testing and animal ingredients. So they are also vegan.
- 10-free lacquers: No xylenes, fragrances and parabens have been used in these nail lacquers without harmful substances.
- 12-free lacquers: nail lacquer without phthalates, toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, camphor, xylenes, parabens, silicones, AOX, benzophenones and animal ingredients.
- 15-free lacquers: Nail lacquer without phthalates, toluene, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, camphor, xylenes, parabens, silicones, AOX, benzophenones, ethyl tosylamide, colophony, triphenyl phosphate and animal ingredients.